28th January 2019
Perspective Financial Group makes its first acquisition of 2019
Perspective Financial Group Ltd, the National Financial Advisory Group, has today announced the acquisition of Newcastle-based IFA practice, Galloway Whitfield (Life & Pensions) Ltd.
Galloway Whitfield (Life & Pensions) Ltd was established in 1985 and run by Managing Director, Alan Galloway. The firm will become part of Perspective’s Newcastle upon Tyne-based North East office. Alan will continue to work with Perspective for an initial term to ensure a smooth transition for clients, prior to his eventual retirement. Galloway Whitfield’s financial adviser, Julie Hunter, has also transferred to Perspective and will continue to advise existing and new clients at Perspective.
The firm has an annual turnover in excess of £300,000 with funds under management of £50 million and strong recurring income. It delivers specialised financial services to individuals and businesses throughout North East England, including many family businesses and SMEs.
This is Perspective’s 32nd acquisition since 2008. Perspective has a further two deals due to complete in the coming months, and anticipates completing a further three acquisitions during 2019.
Perspective’s focus is to acquire client banks from retiring advisers and service the client bank from its existing 14 office network across the UK, with the vendors working with Perspective’s advisers for a period to introduce clients before retiring.
Ian Wilkinson, Group Practice Director of Perspective Financial Group Ltd, commented:
“This is another significant acquisition for Perspective of a high quality, well-respected IFA firm which will further strengthen our presence in North East England. We were particularly impressed by the quality and longevity of the client relationships that Alan has established over many years.
“Following the re-branding of all our 14 offices under the Perspective brand in June 2018, Galloway Whitfield will immediately be absorbed into our Perspective (North East) operation, which is already one of the most respected IFA operations in the region, with 50 staff including 13 advisers.
“We continue to look at similar high quality acquisition opportunities across the UK to further strengthen our national presence.”
Alan Galloway, Founder and Managing Director of Galloway Whitfield (Life & Pensions) Ltd commented:
“Over the last three years, I have considered very carefully how best to ensure my clients continue to receive the highest quality of advice and service when the time was right for me to retire.
“In the end, it was a comfortable decision for my firm to become part of Perspective Financial Group, a view which has been reinforced by spending the last 12 months working closely with them. The Group, management and staff all consistently share the highest professional standards and a genuine commitment to a quality of client service similar to my own. In addition, my clients will now benefit from having access to a number of expert advisers within the Group.
“It was very important to me that my loyal colleague of 33 years, Julie Hunter, will also become a member of the Perspective team and I know she is looking forward to this.”
For more information on Perspective Financial Group Ltd, visit: www.pfgl.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Ian Wilkinson, Group Practice Director, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel: 0191 217 3340
David Hesketh, Group Director, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel: 0161 244 9759
Charles Penn, Group Head of Marketing, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel 0191 217 3343; Mobile: 07799 821904
Notes to editors
About Perspective Financial Group Ltd
- Perspective Financial Group Limited (PFG) is a National IFA Group which employs over 150 staff across 14 offices in the UK.
- Perspective’s Group firms provide a range of investment and financial planning services to private individuals and businesses.
- Perspective’s aim is to become the leading provider of wealth advice in the UK. Its focus is on the provision of quality advice and providing a fully-rounded and robust proposition for all its clients.
- Perspective is listed in the FT’s Top 100 Financial Advisers table
- Perspective was launched in April 2008 as a consolidation vehicle within the financial services industry. It has now grown to be one of the largest, whole of market Financial Advice & Wealth Management businesses in the UK.
- Perspective works with those IFA firms considering their growth and/or exit strategy from the financial services industry and acquiring those firms under the Perspective brand.
- The Perspective Executive Management Team comprises: Ian Wilkinson; Julie Hepworth and David Hesketh.
- Perspective’s model for individual Group firms focuses on developing advisers’ recurring income business and the underlying profitability of that business whilst providing Advisers with leading technology and a wide range of cost-effective investment options and financial planning services to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to their clients.
Perspective Financial Group Ltd
Tel: 0161 244 9759