We have extensive experience of advising business owners and are fully aware of the planning issues that they need to consider. In particular, we help clients to address key risks to the ongoing success of their businesses and to plan for all stages of their business life cycle including, expansion, mergers and acquisitions and succession.
We can help by:
- Considering Business Protection by planning for the impact on the business of the death (or prolonged incapacity) of a Partner, Director or key person within the business and advising on partnership, shareholder and cross-option agreements.
- Recommending the most tax efficient method of enhancing Partners’ and Directors’ remuneration and profit extraction.
- Providing Partners or Directors with arrangements to make available regular income (to replace drawings or salary), in the event of prolonged absence from work, due to illness or incapacity.
- Assisting with retirement planning, including the use of SIPPs (Self Invested Personal Pension Plans) and SSASs (Small Self Administered Schemes).
- Considering the benefits of utilising the business owner’s pension arrangements to purchase commercial property.
- Assisting with the efficient planning exit strategies.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some aspects of corporate financial planning, commercial lending and taxation advice.