You will provide clients with financial advice and make recommendations on how best to meet their goals. You will be able to research the marketplace for relevant products and services, identify clients’ needs, design financial strategies and gain commitment from your clients to proceed with your recommendations. You will be an ambassador for the firm and must operate to the highest professional standards at all times. You must be able to establish and sustain productive relationships with clients and develop new business.
The key duties of the role are listed below, though these are not exhaustive:
- Provide holistic financial advice across a variety of financial products and services (Pensions, Investments & Savings, Protection)
- Assess a client’s financial circumstances, understand their needs and develop a comprehensive financial plan which will be revisited at least annually to ensure that the client’s aims and objectives are being met
- Make recommendations to clients that meet their goals and ambitions
- Cultivate the client base and build relationships
- Keep abreast of new industry developments and research the market to ensure that your knowledge is current
- Keep up to date with financial products and legislation and comply with all industry rules and regulations.
Experience & Skills:
Advisers need to be motivated, friendly and professional at all times, and will provide impartial and unbiased advice. Excellent time management is a must to ensure appointments are scheduled with realistic time frames. If you are a member of our Training Academy, you will have developed the following skills:
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Qualified to Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning as a minimum
- Good knowledge of compliance, TCF, Data Protection Act and Anti-Money Laundering requirements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to ask appropriate questions of clients
- Good analysis skills, money management skills and planning skills
- Enthusiastic and willingness to assist clients
- Ability to manage own workload
- Flexibility/adaptability to cope with change
- Knowledge of FCA rules relating to the financial advice process
- Working knowledge of Compliance
- Knowledge of the current market place.