Perspective is always looking for ambitious, talented and experienced individuals to join our nationwide Group. For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Ian Wilkinson, Group Managing Director, at email@example.com.
Location: Newcastle or Chorley (Travel will be required to meet the needs of the business)
Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications. Opportunity to become part of the management incentive scheme
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Free parking, Pension and Life Assurance
Perspective is a nationwide financial planning and wealth advisory business which operates from 15 offices across the UK employing 180 staff, including 55 highly qualified advisers. It provides impartial, specialist advice for individuals, corporates and trustees on pensions, retirement planning, inheritance tax planning, investments and group risk and business protection matters, often working closely with other professional advisers such as accountants and lawyers.
The group differentiates itself by having a strong and ethical client-centric culture, a robust compliance approach and a clear focus on developing its pipeline of younger adviser talent through its workplace based in-house Training Academy. Perspective’s average adviser age is currently ten years below the industry average.
Perspective has a turnover of £17 million, with £2.8 billion of assets under management. It offers ‘whole of market’ advice, meaning its advice it not limited to certain providers. It advises over 18,000 clients from those of moderate means to ultra-high net worth individuals. Its corporate clients include SMEs and larger companies.
In January 2020, CBPE Capital LLP announced it had made a major investment in Perspective to support the Group’s management team with their continued focus on providing high quality advice to their existing client base, growing organically and making selective acquisitions.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Group in a new role created to oversee projects and manage change as well supporting our acquisition strategy. Reporting directly to the Group Managing Director you will play a key role in helping to shape the future success of the business by developing and maintaining robust financial data management systems and utilising these to provide comprehensive business and financial information to enable the efficient and effective delivery of projects across the business.
The key duties of the role are listed below. Due to the nature of the business, the role may also include additional responsibilities considered reasonable:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining financial and performance/risk management systems to enable accurate and consistent data capture and effective reporting and monitoring of all financial aspects of acquisitions and projects
- Monitoring progress of projects across the business to manage the associated risks and opportunities to enable effective management of project performance
- Supporting integration of post acquisition activity
- MI preparation and analysis to drive organic growth
- Ensuring projects have income models, ensuring consistency, compliance and accurate allocation of costs and transparency across the Group
- Investigating variances of project costs
- Working with other members of project team as necessary
- Producing project accounts and reports
- Supporting the Accounts function
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrate experience and success in managing change
- Proven experience as a Projects Accountant
- Fully qualified Accountant covering either ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong business acumen
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Advanced Excel skills, particularly in manipulation of data and data analysis
- Ability to manage own workload
- Good organisational skills and the ability to deliver to timeframes
- Good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills
- Methodical and organised
Critical Knowledge required:
- Experience in project/change management
- No financial services experience is required but is preferred
This position comes with the opportunity to progress your career within Perspective. The right candidate will have the opportunity to ultimately become a Regional Operations Director and potentially Group Operations Director.