Perspective is always looking for both experienced and aspiring technically excellent paraplanners across the UK. Working alongside local financial advisers, paraplanners support advisers by conducting product and fund research, writing Suitablility Reports and helping find solutions for both private and corporate clients.
We currently have the following vacancy
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne (NE13 6DS)
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Salary: Minimum £25,500 per annum and upward depending on experience and qualifications plus bonus
Benefits: 22 days holiday (increasing to 27 days with length of service), Pension, Life Assurance, Free parking
Perspective (North East) Ltd is a leading firm of Chartered Financial Planners, providing a wide range of advice to both corporate and individual clients. Our areas of expertise include pensions, investments, protection and wealth management.
We are part of Perspective Financial Group, an ambitious and fast growing company, currently ranked 22nd in the FT’s Top 100 Financial Advisory Firms, with 14 offices and 170 staff across the UK.
We are looking for a Paraplanner to join our private client team to actively support our Financial Advisers (FA) by assisting in the sales process, providing technical back up and servicing their requirements in order to help secure new business, including the development of relationships with colleagues and clients.
Providing excellent standards of client service, you will conduct detailed research on clients’ existing and potential arrangements and assess these against their financial objectives. You will then produce timely and compliant Suitability Reports and be involved in meetings with clients. This role gives you considerable scope to demonstrate your abilities, with the opportunity to progress further within the firm.
The key duties of the role are listed below, though these are not exhaustive:
- Supporting the FA by conducting research on products and helping find solutions for predominately high net worth clients
- Drafting Suitability Reports
- Arranging for plans to be submitted to provider companies
- Assisting the FA with reviews and customer requests as well as acting as a point of contact for the FA’s clients to deal with day to day queries
- Checking files for compliance and completing any work needed in order to meet compliance standards
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation
- Complying with all company and industry guidelines, rules and regulations
- Experience working as a “Whole Of Market” Paraplanner
- Experience of writing Suitability Reports
- Excellent knowledge of compliance, TCF, Data Protection Act and Anti-Money Laundering requirements
- Diploma qualified preferred, but at least working towards Diploma Level
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Flexibility/ adaptability to cope with change
- Be motivated, friendly and professional at all times.
- Excellent time management and organisational abilities are a must.
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org