What characteristics do we look for?
- Usually, but not always, smaller, successful IFAs with 1-5 Advisers
- Demonstrable client-centric approach
- Stable, well run, with solid compliance processes
- Cautious approach to investments
- Client base with potential
- Links with other professional services firms eg lawyers and accountants that generate referrals
- Principals who are straightforward especially about their intention to retire (to avoid a situation where a new firm is set up subsequently with the intention of trying to attract back the client bank we have purchased)