18th July 2019More
13th May 2019
Perspective Financial Group Ltd, the widely respected and progressive national financial planning and wealth management Group, today announces the opening of its first London office. The Group has acquired Thornton Springer Financial Services LLP, one of south east London’s foremost firms of financial planners and wealth managers.
This significant acquisition gives Perspective a hub in the capital for the first time, and expands its national network to 15 offices across the UK, including Eastbourne, Marlborough, Chester and Newcastle upon Tyne.
Thornton Springer Financial Services, based in Norwood, has been established for over 25 years. Originally part of the accountancy firm Thornton Springer LLP (who, for clarity, are not included in this deal), the firm became a separate LLP in 2006 and gained Chartered status in 2011. It advises a wide range of private clients and businesses in the south east London area and will be re-named Perspective (Thornton Springer) Ltd.
This deal is Perspective’s third acquisition this year alone and its 34th since the Group was founded in 2008, with further acquisitions set to happen over the coming months. The Group’s focus is to merge established financial advisory firms with its existing offices, as well as opening new locations in carefully selected areas.
Ian Wilkinson, Group Managing Director of Perspective Financial Group Ltd, comments:
“Establishing our first hub in London is a significant step and we are pleased to have a firm of the calibre of Thornton Springer joining the Group. We welcome Peter Weston, Andrew Walford and their staff to the team.
“Like them, we believe in delivering an outstanding personal service to clients from local offices. We can now provide additional support to them with our strong and professional central service functions including compliance, finance, marketing and HR, meaning advisers spend their time with their clients.
“Our in-house Perspective Training Academy with 20 students across the UK, which we plan to double over the next two years, is already producing a strong cohort of young, talented advisors. The average age of our advisers is 47, a whole decade younger than the industry average. These initiatives are helping us attract and retain high quality advisers who stay with the Group, the average tenure of one of advisers being eight years, making us well set for the future.”
Peter Weston, Partner at Thornton Springer Financial Services LLP said:
“We have got to know Perspective and its management team well through this process, and it is clear that both our clients and the business will benefit from Perspective’s additional expertise and greater resources.
“We will continue to operate with the same team from the same premises, ensuring our combination of personal service, technology and competitive charging will continue. We are impressed with Perspective’s vision and pleased to be their first London office.”
Legal advice to Perspective was provided by DWF’s Manchester office, with Dow Schofield Watts in Warrington providing financial due diligence.
For more information on Perspective Financial Group Ltd, visit: www.pfgl.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Ian Wilkinson, Group Managing Director, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel: 0161 244 9759
David Hesketh, Group Finance Director, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel: 0161 244 9759
Charles Penn, Group Head of Marketing, Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Tel 0191 217 3343 or Mobile: 07799 821904
Notes to editors
About Perspective Financial Group Ltd
- Perspective Financial Group Limited (PFG) is a National IFA Group which employs over 160 staff across 15 offices in the UK.
- Perspective’s Group firms provide a range of financial planning and wealth management services to private individuals, corporates and trustees.
- Perspective’s aim is to become the leading provider of financial planning and wealth management advice in the UK. Its focus is on the provision of quality advice and providing a fully-rounded and robust proposition for all its clients.
- Perspective has been listed in the FT’s Top 100 Financial Advisers table since 2011.
- Perspective was launched in April 2008 as a consolidation vehicle within the financial services industry. It has now grown to be one of the largest, whole of market financial planning & wealth management businesses in the UK.
- Perspective works with those IFA firms considering their growth and/or exit strategy from the financial services industry and acquiring those firms under the Perspective brand.
- The Perspective Executive Management Team comprises: Ian Wilkinson (Group Managing Director), Julie Hepworth (Group Regulatory Director) and David Hesketh (Group Finance Director).
- Perspective’s model for individual Group firms focuses on developing advisers’ recurring income business and the underlying profitability of that business whilst providing Advisers with leading technology and a wide range of cost-effective investment options and financial planning services to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to their clients.
- Perspective Financial Group Ltd, Paradigm House, Brooke Court, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 3ND. Tel: 0161 244 9759.